After dedicating his professional life to the service and protecting others, Brian Fitzpatrick was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 2016 to represent the people of Pennsylvania’s Eighth Congressional District which includes all of Bucks County and a portion of northwestern Montgomery County. His top priorities in Congress are increasing economic opportunity and keeping our nation safe.
A Levittown native and graduate of Bishop Egan High School, Brian is a graduate of LaSalle University, Penn State University and the Dickinson School of Law. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant, Emergency Medical Technician as well as an attorney - having previously served as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney focused on drug crimes.
For 14 years prior to running for Congress, Brian served our country as an FBI Supervisory Special Agent fighting political corruption and supporting global counterterrorism efforts – including being embedded with U.S. Special Forces as part Operation Iraqi Freedom. Working to promote freedom and democracy, Brian also served as National Director for the FBI’s Campaign Finance and Election Crimes Enforcement Program and as a national supervisor for the FBI’s Political Corruption Unit where he is recognized as an expert in restoring integrity to governmental institutions. For his work, Brian was an inaugural recipient of the FBI Director’s Leadership Award in 2015 and was named “Investigator of the Year by the Federal Law Enforcement Foundation.
In the 115th Congress, Brian is a member of both the Foreign Affairs, Homeland Security and Small Business committees. Brian is the founding member of the Congressional Citizen Legislature Caucus, a bipartisan group of lawmakers committed to fighting for term limits and Congressional reforms, and a member of the No Labels ‘Problem Solver Caucus.’ Learn more HERE
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Subcommittee on Middle East & North Africa
- Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia & Emerging Threats
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- Subcommittee on Cybersecurity & Intelligence
- Subcommittee on Transportation & Protective Security
- House Committee on Small Business
- Subcommittee on Health and Technology
- Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Capital Access, and Tax
CAUCUSES & TASK FORCES:
- Congressional Citizen Legislature Caucus (Chair/founder)
- Problem Solvers Caucus
- Climate Solutions Caucus
- 115th Congress Bipartisan Freshman Class Caucus (Co-Chair/co-founder)
- Animal Protection Caucus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Caucus
- Bipartisan Heroin Task Force
- Congressional Addiction, Treatment, and Recovery Caucus