Fitzpatrick Hosts Live Town Hall
BENSALEM, PA – Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-08) joined more than a hundred constituents and members of the local media Tuesday at the Bensalem Township Municipal Building for a town hall meeting to answer questions and discuss his first term in Congress. Topics covered include government reform, health care, the economy, opioid addiction and more.
“From tax reform to our national political environment, the topics covered at our town hall cut across political lines and focused on the issues that matter for the people of Bucks and Montgomery counties,” said Fitzpatrick. “It’s my duty as our community’s independent voice in Congress to make myself available to our constituents in as many different venues as possible. This town hall provided yet another venue where we can all collaborate on how to best address the challenges facing our community and our nation."
The town hall continued Fitzpatrick’s aggressive efforts to connect with Bucks and Montgomery county residents in multiple forums to increase engagement throughout his first months in Congress, including:
- Six tele-town halls, each reaching over 30,000 constituents;
- 60 small business visits, tours and employee town halls across Bucks and Montgomery counties as part of his ‘100 Small Business Tour’;
- Nearly 40 healthcare listening sessions with Bucks and Montgomery county physicians, experts and patients focused on healthcare reform;
- Three Congressional Working Group meetings with community stakeholders; and
- Responded to nearly 50,000 constituent communications (emails, visits, phone calls, letters, etc).
As always, constituents are encouraged to follow Fitzpatrick online at Fitzpatrick.house.gov and sign up for our weekly newsletter to learn more about the work in Washington, D.C. and around Pennsylvania’s Eighth District.