Military Academy Nominations
Each year I receive numerous inquiries from Pennsylvania’s 8th District students who wish to attend a military service academy. One of the application requirements for the United States service academies is a nomination by a government official. Providing these nominations is one of my most cherished duties as your Congressman. To help explain the application process I am holding a Service Academy Information Session on Saturday, September 28nd at Bucks County Community College in Newtown, PA. For more information, see the Academy Nomination Day Information below in the "Downloads" section.
The nomination application deadline is Wednesday, October 16, 2013.
If you wish to be considered for a congressional nomination, you will need to submit the following to my District Office in Langhorne:
- A nomination application (Please complete, print and sign the Service Academy Nomination Form below in the "Downloads" section and include it in your nomination packet.)
- An official copy of your high school transcript, including your GPA, your class size, and your ranking within that class
- An official copy of your SAT or ACT scores (If taken multiple times, I will consider the highest scores for each section)
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a Math or Science teacher; one from an English teacher; and one from a coach, employer/supervisor or other non-family figure with firsthand knowledge of your leadership and interpersonal skills
- A 500 word essay explaining, “What I will contribute to my country by attending a U.S. Service Academy.”
Please forward the requested information at your earliest convenience to my District Office care of Anthony Enck at 1717 Newtown Langhorne Road, Suite 400, Langhorne, PA 19047. Additionally, we ask that you submit information as you compile it rather than waiting until you have everything completed. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact my Military and Veterans Affairs Caseworker Anthony Enck at 215-579-8102