The Congressional Animal Protection Caucus (CAPC) consists of bipartisan members of Congress committed to raising awareness of animal welfare issues.
The purpose of CAPC is to highlight important topics affecting animals and to educate members and their staff on the need for sensible animal protection legislation. Partnering with reputable animal welfare organizations, CAPC sponsors non-partisan briefings and tracks the progress of relevant legislation, providing caucus members with dependable information on animal welfare issues. The goal of CAPC is to build broad coalitions in support of common-sense, humane animal welfare laws.
The Humane Society Legislative Fund named Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick 2022 Humane Legislator of the Year award for his leadership on the Big Cat Public Safety Act.
- Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1)
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer (OR-3)
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (FL-16)
- Rep. Sharice Davids (KS-3)
- Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (NY-11)
- Rep. Mike Quigley (IL-5)
Legislation & Press Releases
- Fitzpatrick, Cohen, Titus, Introduce Horse Transportation Safety Act
- Fitzpatrick Introduces Bipartisan PAST Act to Protect Horses from Inhumane Tactics
- Fitzpatrick, McGovern, Reschenthaler, Panetta Introduce Bipartisan Puppy Protection Act
- Reps. Fitzpatrick, Crist, Reschenthaler, McGovern Reintroduce Puppy Protection Legislation
- Fitzpatrick & Quigley Reintroduce Legislation to End Private Ownership of Big Cats
- Fittzpatrick, Deutch Lead Bipartisan Letter Calling on CDC to Lift Dog Import Suspension
- Fitzpatrick, Axne Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Strengthen Enforcement of Animal Welfare Act
- Fitzpatrick's Bipartisan Big Cat Public Safety Act Passes House
- Fitzpatrick, Clark, Buchanan, and Porter Lead Bipartisan Request for Emergency Funding to Protect Domestic Violence Survivors and Their Pets During Covid-19 Pandemic
- Fitzpatrick, Crist, McGovern, Reschenthaler Introduce Legislation to Protect Puppies
- Fitzpatrick, Crist, Thompson, and McGovern Introduce Legislation to Promote Animal Welfare
- Fitzpatrick Recognized for Animal Welfare Work
- Fitzpatrick, Crist Introduce Pair of Puppy Protection Bills